Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Other New Beginning

So many of you may or may not know me as Bopah from previously being a YouTube Vlogger.  I vlogged for about 5 years with Boatie, who is now my ex, whom I co-parent with to raise our 2 sons.  During the course of that 5 years, we made some really great memories and had the wonderful support of so many. I will always be grateful for that time in my life.  Now however, my life is very, very different and I've gotten used to expressing myself through my Vlogs which I would do now, but unfortunately, I do not have a working camera at this time so here I am blogging away.  So here we go...

Well first my name is actually Angelica.  I have had people ask if I mind still being called Bopah and honestly, I don't.  That name will always be a part of me, and I do still have friends that call me that.  I am a proud to say I am 35, even though it took me about 4 years to get to the point of stating my real age. Now, I actually love it.  I realize how much wiser I get as the years go by, even if sometimes it doesn't seem that way in the moment. lol I can honestly look back and I think, "Wow, how in the world did all that happen in a short amount of time, and yet here I am still standing".  I do give my children most of the credit because they were the ones silently telling me "You can do it Mom!" in their own way by just loving me unconditionally. They will always be my strength and reason for pushing myself as hard as I do. 
So, my break up was one of the most devastating things in my life, and I lived for the moments I had with my boys.  I even started sleeping with my 4-year-old at the time because I couldn't bear to sleep in my huge bed alone. In the beginning I did it for him, because he was upset that Boatie no longer lived with us. As any parent who has gone through this knows, it can be an extremely hard time. We often blame ourselves when our children hurt when something like that happens.  He would cry himself to sleep and I would hold him and try to comfort him the best I could.  All the while singing his nighttime "wheels on the bus" song and silently crying myself. It honestly took me back to a time where it was just my oldest son and myself, and his other person left.  I even kept calling my youngest son by his brother’s name because that's where it really took me.  I would just correct myself and move on about what I was saying or doing, but it lasted a good month or 2 until I stopped doing that.  Crazy how our minds work like that at times.

Fast forward almost 2 years later, and I now sleep in my own bed (thank you, thank you) and my youngest sleeps on his own.  He still gets sad by the fact that his other mom doesn't live with us, but rarely does it come out as often as it did before.  My oldest who is 17 had an issue with our split in the beginning, and he basically stated "Well, everyone leaves so its whatever".  (talk about twisting my heart into knots) Of course I reassured him that it wasn't the case and she would still be around, but seeing as she moved over 2 and a half hours from us, he was harder to convince.  Now however, he has seen how things have been, and has a normal relationship with us both.  He is completely back to thinking we are both uncool because we are parents. Which I however would like to state, "Umm hellooo, I'm a cool mom" Just saying. 👄

No comments:

Post a Comment